[Piece of BTOB] A deep melody like the sea which Hyunsik plays, ‘SWIMMING’

If I have a chance, I also want to let you hear my solo tracks more often in the future.

Piece of BTOB Vol.4 | ‘Im Hyunsik – SWIMMING’


Article Date: 2017.7.22
Article by Muzmon (Naver blog)

BTOB solo single project

[Piece of BTOB]

Piece of Interview

Father of Music, Im Hyunsik’s SWIMMING♬


Piece of BTOB Vol.4 | ‘Im Hyunsik – SWIMMING’

 



Even if I get lost by chance

Even if I’m being swept away by a raging wave

And even if it takes a long time

So I can find you

So I can embrace you again

You always have to stay there

 “


BTOB Solo Project

[Piece of BTOB]


Seo Eunkwang, Lee Minhyuk, Lee Changsub, Im Hyunsik, Peniel, Jung Ilhoon, Yook Sungjae

Seven members with full of unique personalities will show each of their charms to the fullest by releasing solo single project!


The fourth main character has been revealed.

BTOB’s father of music

BTOB’s representative of volume and voice color gangster!

It’s  Im Hyunsik  .


Piece of BTOB Vol. 4 'SWIMMING' sung by Im Hyunsik is an alternative rock genre that Hyunsik likes since childhood,

It’s a song which expresses a deep love like the sea with a gloomy feeling.


Member Im Hyunsik who usually shows his powerful voice volume in BTOB! Not just that, he also recognized as a producer with amazing talent in composing, writing, and arranging songs till he got the ‘father of music’ nickname,


This song which is written by Im Hyunsik himself.

'SWIMMING', a comfortable music like calm waves that is good to listen to on the beach during in hot summer. 

Let’s listen to it together ♪



Piece of Interview | BTOB’s father of music “Im Hyunsik”

Q1. We are curious about your thoughts on releasing your first solo track since debut!

Hyunsik. First, I feel really happy. And I’m also nervous. When I write songs for BTOB, the songs might have our color in it, but I can’t put it all in, and that makes me think that I can’t put everything into the team’s color. It’s still going to take a long time to find my own distinct color, but I think it’ll be helpful to release a solo track through this chance.


Q2. Please introduce us about the solo track ‘SWIMMING'.

Hyunsik. ‘SWIMMING’ is an alternative rock genre that I’ve liked since childhood. I gloomily expressed the deep love like the sea. I originally like sea so much, so I worked hard to capture the ocean feeling into the song. With the hope that everyone can also feel it, I also release the instrumental version of the song.


Q3. You have shown ‘SWIMMING’ for the first time in 2017 BTOB concert [BTOB TIME], how do you feel about playing the song again through the digital version?

Hyunsik. Every singer must be thinking that digital song is different from live performance song, and for me, live performance is better. The digital version of ‘SWIMMING’ has been done since a long time ago, but since I showed the live stage first, I paid attention a lot on the arrangement by putting another different color which only can be heard in the digital version so it won’t make you disappointed when you listen to it.


Q4. What kind of inspiration did you get while making this song? 

Hyunsik. This song is the first song I made using prophet 6, a synth instrument that I bought for myself as a present. Rather than inspiration, it’s a song that was made by playing along with the instrument, and after I found the sounds that I liked, I just naturally expressed my inner feelings into it.


  


Q5. Dance, Ballad, and this time Rock. I think you can digest all the different kinds of genres. Is there any secret to that?

Hyunsik. Rather than a secret, It’s because I have been listening to various genres of music since I was young and I think that helps me a lot. Actually, I’m more confident in other genres instead of dance track.


Q6. Is there any part that you pay attention to the most while working on a song?

Hyunsik. It’s different in every song, but in common, I mostly pay attention to each of the member’s parts. Regardless of the number of parts, I work hard to show the killing part for each of them. And yet, it’s always hard to write a complete song. Also, I work hard to make the melody matches the lyrics when I sing it.


Q7. I heard you spent a lot of time in the studio even in usual days. I’m curious how many songs you’re working on, and what kind of songs are there

Hyunsik. I think I almost live in the studio. There are quite a lot of songs, from group song and solo song, all of them are in various genres. But I think I have to make more songs.


Q8. I heard you made the album cover image for [Piece of BTOB Vol.4] by yourself. Are you usually interested in painting?

Hyunsik. I’m interested in painting as much as music. My heart feels comfortable and I always get surprised every time I see a painting. That’s why I often go to the art exhibition or art museum in Korea and overseas. It’s also my dream to earn much money and buying all piece of arts that I want. If you look at it, music and art are similar. ‘Someday’ and ‘SWIMMING’ are songs that I try to express the scenery of nature I’ve pictured inside my head.

Self-made cover art by Hyunsik


Q9. I heard that you worked together with your older brother to shoot the ‘SWIMMING’ music video. What did you want to show?

Hyunsik. My brother majored in manhwa, but not just that, he also has a lot of interest in music videos and all kinds of art. Because I also have the same interest, I always wanted to work together with him for once no matter what kind of work it is. Then when my brother listened to ‘SWIMMING’ and said “it’d be nice if I can make a video for this,” and from that, it became an opportunity to shoot the music video. Since it was our first try on producing a music video, there were many lacking points and hardships, but I’m also proud because it’s the first time to work with my brother and shared many ideas with great people. It was a fun and precious time. Even if the result doesn’t come out as much as the expectation, but with many people’s help, and my brother’s feeling of wanting to express my song well in the video, I feel very satisfied!


Q10. If there’s any message you want to say to the fans who are waiting for your solo track?

Hyunsik. Thank you so much for waiting. Since this is a song that I worked so hard for, I hope many people will like it and listen to the song a lot. (Please recommend the song to people around you~ :D) And if you ever go to the sea, make sure to listen to the song there! If I have a chance, I also want to let you hear my solo tracks more often in the future.


To. Muzmon♡ Please listen to SWIMMING a lot =)
BTOB Hyunsik
                                                                                                                    

Lee Changsub, Jung Ilhoon, Peniel and Hyunsik’s BTOB Solo Project [Piece of BTOB] have been completed. This makes us look forward to the fifth main character!


A song that can cool down the hot weather like the sea

Im Hyunsik’s 'SWIMMING'

Be in the past, present, or future, please give lots of love!

⁺◟(◍˙▾˙◍)◞⁺



--- translated by: btobalwaysmelody.blogspot.com ---

please take out with full credit


No comments:

Post a Comment