[R7] K-Pop Group BTOB 4U Talks About Returning to Stage and Online Concert

Article by: R7 in Portuguese | Date: January 21, 2021.

The group comments on plans of the unit, return of military service and podcast; concert tickets cost about R$ 187

The K-pop group BTOB 4U, which debuted in November, prepares for an online concert this Saturday (23). Tickets are already available, cost about R$ 187 and can be purchased through the site.

Although they look new to the scene with short time since the debut, the band is a unit of the group BTOB, which debuted in 2012. The current formation of the group has 4 of the 6 members of the group: Seo Eunkwang, Lee Minhyuk, Lee Changsub and Peniel Shin. The first three have just returned from military service, while Peniel, who is American, does not comply with the enlistment in South Korea.

In South Korea, all men between the age of 18 and 28 must serve 18 months of mandatory military enlistment. In K-pop, artists usually wait until the deadline to join the army, or wait for an opportune moment to be able to fulfill the obligation. This is the case of Im Hyunsik and Yook Sungjae, members of the BTOB who are in the army.

Until December last year, the group had another member, Ilhoon, who left after being investigated for marijuana use. Drugs are illegal in the country.

With 9 years of career, the group have collects some awards. In 2013, shortly after the debut, BTOB took the Next Generation Stars award at the Golden Disk Award and in 2018 won the Best Group category at the same award. The group's last album was released in the same year.

In November, BTOB returned to activity with the album Inside. With the pandemic of the new corona virus, the artists have not yet had the opportunity to perform live in front of "Melody", name given to fans.

In an interview with R7, the quartet talked about returning to the stage, expectations for this year, online concert this Saturday and more.

Check out the full interview below

R7 
 You recently debuted with a new unit, BTOB 4U. How did you feel? Did you have the same nervousness of a debut or is this a new chapter in the group's history?
Eunkwang – At first, I didn't think I was going to be nervous, but I was looking forward to it as if it were our debut performance. As BTOB 4U is another part of BTOB, I would say this is a chapter in our history.
Minhyuk 
 I was a little nervous because it's been a while since I finished my military service. I was nervous and excited at the same time. It was fun!
Peniel 
 I don't think it looked like a debut. It was like we were performing as BTOB, but some members weren't on stage with us. It was a little tense because it's been a long time since we performed, but not because it was a debut.

R7 
 How do you feel about returning to the group and fans after finishing your military service?
Eunkwang 
 I've been desperately waiting to meet Melody for the past two years and I'm very happy now. Despite the time that passed while I was away, I'm willing to do my best to make my fans happy.
Minhyuk 
 I'm excited and I've waited a long time for this moment. But I'm a little sad that I can't meet the fans in person because of the pandemic we are experiencing.
Changsub 
 I was waiting and missed my fans so much. I'm going to do my best to make Melody proud.

R7 
 How are the preparations for the concert?
Minhyuk 
 The four of us are doing our best to make the stage as full as when we performed as BTOB. I hope the fans are excited for the concert.

R7 
 For you, what is the best part of the concert?
Eunkwang – I think concert is about sharing our feelings through music. The best part is when our voices mix with fans' cheers and become one
Minhyuk 
 For online concert, the best part is that there are no limits, so it's easier for fans around the world to participate.
Changsub  The best part is that we can share our feelings.
Peniel 
 Normally, it's being able to perform in front of our fans, but unfortunately we can't do that now, so we're going to try to do our best right now. Being able to perform is fun and I hope everyone enjoys it.

R7 
 What are the group's plans for 2021?
Eunkwang
– We'll continue to perform as BTOB 4U this year. Hyunsik and Sungjae are going to finish military duty this year, so I'm looking forward to it too.

R7 
 Peniel, you are also a podcast host, Get Real, with BM from K.A.R.D and Ashley. When did you decide to work on a podcast? What's the best part?
Peniel 
 I wanted to do a podcast a while ago, but didn't know exactly where to start. Fortunately, Dive Studios can help me with that. It's fun because it feels like I'm talking to my friends about things we'd normally talk about. And since it's a podcast, I feel freer to talk.

R7 
 Can you leave a message to the Brazilian Melody?
Eunkwang
 
 I've heard that we have many fans in Brazil. I'm very grateful and love them very much. I promise that we will go to Brazil as soon as the pandemic over. And by then, let's enjoy it together!
Minhyuk 
 It's a surprise that we have fans in a place where we've never been to. Thank you very much and I sincerely hope to be able to visit Brazil one day.
Changsub 
 Brazilian Melodies! Although we can't see each other now, I promise we will go there very soon. Yejiapsa! (a term created by Changsub that means "I loved you, I still love you, and I will always love you").
Peniel 
 I've never been to Brazil, but I've heard a lot of cool things about it and definitely want to visit soon. I want to be able to go on vacation or to perform. I hope we will have the opportunity to meet our Brazilian fans soon.

Source: R7
English translation: Google Translate 
(Edited a little bit for better understanding)

No comments:

Post a Comment