[MAGAZINE] CeCi April 2017 Issue, "LIKE A MOVIE"

LIKE A MOVIE

They are so funny to be called 'Beatcom', but actually, what seven BTOB members have achieved at one point is close to a 'Movie'.


It felt really good when Peniel jokingly said “I don’t have any hair, what should I do?” That means you are now able to talk about the problem you were worried about like a joke now.
Peniel I feel very comfortable after I revealed the truth about my hair loss on broadcast. I think I did the right thing. Thank you. Hi-five!

<Feel’eM> is the 10th mini album, right? It has a different feeling with the previous album.

Ilhoon The thing that we always talk about is “we will show various spectrum of music”. It will be good if you keep looking forward to our different sides in the future. Since the genre is funk, you might hear a retro vibe, but because we are a trend-setter group…
Sungjae You can call it a “trendy retro”.
 

After Hyunsik’s “I’ll Be Your Man” and now Ilhoon’s “MOVIE” became the title song. What do you think?

Minhyuk If I have to say what I’ve seen as a third party, the kids are totally nervous and insecure. They also complain about having insomnia.
Ilhoon Because I am carrying the most important element for the team. And it turned out that Hyunsik hyung also felt the same way.
 
It’s something that the two of you can relate to. But you are happy, right?
Hyunsik The time when the song was decided as the title song, I felt really happy for a moment. But after that, I can feel a lot of pressures.
Ilhoon The time that was taken to announce the song really felt so long.
 
What do you feel about singing the song that the members made?
Eunkwang Since they made the songs while knowing each member’s distinct features, so it certainly feels like as if we are wearing the right clothes. It’s because they are making songs that everyone would like. The number of self-composed songs in the album slowly increased. In this album too, all songs were made by the members.
Ilhoon It’s not that we want to self-produce our album on purpose, but it just happened naturally since we keep doing music.
Hyunsik Even though we chose it by prioritizing the good songs, our songs still got chosen quite a lot.
 

You said that all the members are watching drama “Goblin” where Sungjae appeared on it. Are they also coming to watch Changsub’s first musical <Boys Over Flower>?
Sungjae Only me and Peniel hyung who have watched it.
Peniel We are the loyal members.
 
Why did you not go with the other members?
Sungjae Because they have no loyalty.
Ilhoon The thing is, everyone was free during Changsub’s first stage. We were planning to go together, but all the seats were sold out for that day.
 
Oh? I also came to watch the show last week, but there were some seats left, though?
Ilhoon It’s a fact bomb!
Changsub It’s because the members planned to come on my birthday. So there must be some seats left for now.
Peniel I feel sorry for Changsub hyung, so I wrote on Twitter and told people to watch his show
Sungjae The way he walked looked just like Changsub hyung. Even though he didn’t look like Goo Junpyo (Tsukasa) that I have imagined, but it was fun in his own way.
 


You guys have moved to a new dorm recently.
Ilhoon Peniel lives together with his dog Pennie, while the rest six of us are divided into two houses. I live together with Minhyuk hyung in the house we used to live in, while the other four live in the new house. And now everyone has their own room.
Eunkwang The floor in the new house are made from marble. I really like the house. Every time our schedule ends, I always feel “whoa, let’s go home~”. But we definitely live separately not because we didn’t get along. The fans are worried whether we don’t get along anymore, but it’s not like that.
Peniel I also didn’t move out because Eunkwang hyung bullies me!
 
Peniel is the only one who lives alone. Isn’t there any member who feels jealous?
Hyunsik We can also live alone if we want to. But if I live alone, I won’t be able to wake up…
Ilhoon If this hyung lives alone, it will be a big trouble. From what I see, he will be absent from 100% of his schedules if he lives alone.
 
Which member is the best at decorating their own room?
Hyunsik I worked hard on decorating my room. One side of the wall is white with a beam projector, so I can watch a movie. The other side is grey, which is the same color as my bed and the sheet I used.
Changsub At the new dorm, I took the main room, and it’s really big. I bought 75-inch TV and got scolded by my mom a lot.
Sungjae Because of my cat “Sami”, I always want to go home quickly. Maybe it’s because she spent a lot of time alone, she acts cute a lot every time I come home. She is really cute.
Eunkwang I have always been against keeping a cat. But turns out, having an animal at home is better indeed. Everyone will keep calling “Sami-ya” every time we got home and opening the door.
 

You guys have some keywords such as “beagle-dol” etc. What kind of words do you wish to hear among so many keywords?
Sungjae I want to hear from people “they look like idol”
Ilhoon “Ah, these guys are really born to be idol”
Minhyuk “a natural-born idol”
Eunkwang Words like “seven people in charge of visuals are gathered”?
Ilhoon Actually, I like to hear that we are a talented group the most. It feels as if they recognize our hard work, and it gives us a lot of strength.
Eunkwang For me, it’s “BTOB who is trusted to listen”.
 
There are also many lyrics that bring a lot of emotions. Is there any part that makes you think it’s really good when you sing it?
Hyunsik Well, it’s still “It’s Okay”. Other members will also think the same thing.
Sungjae When “It’s Okay” was released, I think the timing was difficult for BTOB. During our hiatus, everyone went back and reflected on ourselves. The song that we sang for others becomes the song that brings lots of comforts to us too.
Changsub I really like the lyrics on my part. “Are you struggling with the same routine every day? Who is that for?” it’s this part. In the recent song “Someday” too, “let’s meet again someday, on a better day, when we are happier, like the ocean with waves”, I really feel touched by these lyrics. Hyunsik is very amazing!
Sungjae Recently, there’s a song that Changsub hyung really wants to receive from Hyunsik hyung. He compliments him too much.
 
What is the reason you don’t want to give the song to him?
Hyunsik No, I made the song so I can sing it, but since he said he likes it and insists me to give the song to him, I will never give it to him.
Ilhoon Maybe because Changsub hyung is an emotional person, there's always lyrics that he gets hooked on in every album.
Sungjae For me, the English lyrics of Peniel hyung’s rap part in “MOVIE” are so pretty. I feel impressed.
Changsub Have you translated it?


Sungjae said that you read a lot of books after finishing the drama?
Sungjae But since I bought three books at once and read them together, I mixed up all the contents. I think I have to read the book in order one by one again from the start.
 
Who else likes books?
Changsub Ilhoon reads a lot.
Ilhoon Everyone reads little by little. Actually, it’s good to read a book whenever you have time, even if only for one paragraph at a moment.
Changsub For me, maybe because there are some poetry books that my parents read a long time ago at my house, so I like poems.
Sungjae Hyung likes poems? But you read books about investment!
Changsub No. I read poems and also a book like <Stocks Challenge for Beginner>. Ah, but it doesn’t mean that I will start buying stocks.
Peniel Ah, because you guys are talking about poetry (shijib), I thought you were talking about marriage.           
[T/N: 시집(shijib) has two meanings: poetry books and marriage]

For idols, to have love-related lyrics like “You always have to be careful with women” is considered to be quite bold.
Sungjae When you have to be bold, then you should.
Ilhoon I like to use many different ways to explain the story. Even though the main topic this time is about love, but there is also something that I expressed like a movie. A song like “All Wolves Except Me” is also expressed like a sitcom.


Last year, four members of the vocal team were promoting as BTOB-Blue. Is there any promotion plan for the three rappers, Minhyuk, Peniel, and Ilhoon in the future?
Ilhoon It’s not like we have no plans about it at all. We somehow have a similar music style. While we’re at it, I think we have to produce it.
Minhyuk For me, I have some pride in my own rhythm. And it’s quite hard to follow that.
Peniel I like Park Jaebum sunbae-nim. He brings many overseas trends to Korea, it’s a hard thing to do, but he overcomes that and able to pull it off with his own style. He is cool.
 
I think idols are an easy target to say that “you have changed” when they are popular. Does BTOB also have that kind of experience?
Ilhoon It’s impossible for everyone to live with the same opinion. I think we can’t force our opinion on them just because they look at us like that (we have changed). Also, no matter what problem we might face, I think that is our fate.
 
Why? Is it because you are a celebrity?
Ilhoon Because that kind of opinion is also a kind of attention in some way. Actually, I feel thankful for that.
Changsub When a place or environment changes, it can’t be helped that people will change too. It might be true that we did change. All we have to do is not to forget who we are before we reach here and people who were together with us until now. Also, never forget how many people we should feel thankful for.
 
What do other members think about it?
Sungjae For me, it’s not that I change because the world and environment change, but I want the world to change because of the changing me! Lately, I read a book about the revolution which caused by crazy people, a nice story about ‘Misfit’ called <The Era of Crazy People (The Misfit Economy)>. We will become crazy people. Kind and crazy people.
Eunkwang There are people who change in a really bad way. People who change after they succeed, those people actually need to be punished.
Sungjae Eunkwang hyung suddenly lost his temper.
Hyunsik For us, rather than we become a celebrity because we want to, but we are gathered because we really like music. People who become celebrities because they want popularity, for sure they’re going to change right after they achieve it. There are times when we also feel like that.
Ilhoon I think all we have to do is just think about ourselves.
Sungjae And also Ceci!

--- translated by: btobalwaysmelody.blogspot.com ---

please take out with full credit



No comments:

Post a Comment