[Piece of BTOB] Lee Minhyuk’s Hip Hop Song Filled with Emotion, ‘Purple Rain’

Let's make a song that no one can feel ashamed of whenever and wherever they hear it.


Piece of BTOB Vol.5 | ‘Lee Minhyuk – Purple Rain’


Article Date: 2017.8.9
Article by Muzmon (Naver blog)

BTOB solo single project

[Piece of BTOB]

Piece of Interview

All rounder Lee Minhyuk’s Purple Rain♬


Piece of BTOB Vol.5 | ‘Lee Minhyuk – Purple Rain’


 


Every time I open my eyes

I still can see you clearly

And your warm embrace

All those moments

 The habit of drawing you in the falling rain

BTOB solo single project

[Piece of BTOB]


Seo Eunkwang, Lee Minhyuk, Lee Changsub, Im Hyunsik, Peniel, Jung Ilhoon, Yook Sungjae

Seven members with full of unique personalities will show each of their charms to the fullest by releasing solo single project!


BTOB’s physical-dol, acting-dol, all-rounder idol~

He who holds the handsomeness and rap skills all by himself(?)

It’s  Lee Minhyuk 


Lee Minhyuk who usually shows his powerful and addictive rap that can pierce your ears! Not just that, he also showed off his composing skills through ‘Open’, ‘ABOUT TIME’ 👍


The new song 'Purple Rain' is also Lee Minhyuk’s self-composed and self-written song, R&B hip-hop with a moist melody that expresses the pain and regret feelings after a breakup.


To add that, the rising indie goddess, CHEEZE’s sweet voice is also featured in the song 

(*´∀`)


When you want to be immersed with feelings during the rainy day

This song will make you flounder and couldn’t get out of it.

Shall we listen to it together?



Piece of Interview | Purple Rain on rainy days

Q1. I’m curious about your thoughts on releasing your first solo single ever since debut with a self-composed track!

Minhyuk. As this is my first debut as solo, I wanted to fully show my music color. Because I know myself best, I took the challenge through my self-composed song and dissolved it with parts that I’m good at.


Q2. Please introduce your solo track ‘Purple Rain’

Minhyuk. It’s an R&B hip-hop song with a theme of ‘rain’ which explains the pain and regret after a breakup. I wanted to maximize the emotion like storytelling with the point of view of both men and women. I chose ‘Purple Rain’ as the title because the purple color feels mysterious and gloomy so it’ll suit the emotion of the song.


Q3. I heard that there are some other song candidates for your solo track this time. Was there a reason why you choose this song?

Minhyuk. Actually, when you’re writing your own song, you will become less objective. Because when I’m working on it, there are no songs that I didn’t work so hard for. (I mean do you have a child that is not pretty?!) That’s why after I worked on a few songs, the decision was made through monitoring my surroundings. I needed it to be objective, so it was chosen through that process.


Q4. You’re working together with a special person this time, please introduce her

Minhyuk. A musician with a beautiful voice, CHEEZE, accepted our featuring proposal without hesitation and maximized the song’s emotion with her sad voice. And her personality is as nice as her voice, so there was no trouble while working.


Q5. Your self-composed song ‘ABOUT TIME’ that was put in BTOB’s latest album received so many loves. And this time, the fans are also looking forward to your self-composed song!

Minhyuk. I’m not fast but I’m steadily working on songs. And all of the songs I’ve worked on, all had different vibes. ‘Hello Mello’ is sweet, ‘Open’ is sexy, ‘ABOUT TIME’ is affection, and for this ‘Purple Rain’ song I wanted to express loneliness. I think I will be able to show more of songs with different colors through various opportunities. As much as the love and anticipation I’ve received so far, I will give you the song that can live up to your expectation. 


Q6. ‘Purple Rain’ is a song that related to rain, is there any reason for that?

Minhyuk. There are many people who search for songs when it’s raining. Especially the song that I listen to since I was young like Epik High sunbaenim’s “Umbrella” is a song that people still searching for when it’s raining even though 10 years have passed. Because I also want to make a song that people will remind of when it’s raining, a long-lasting and steady-selling song, that’s why I worked on this song.


 


Q7. What is the part that you pay attention the most to when working on a song?

Minhyuk. I always think “let’s make a song that no one can feel ashamed of whenever and wherever they hear it” every time I start working. Even though it’s not going to be the best, but at least it’s not going to be embarrassing. Also, I’m full of confidence.


Q8. I heard that you produced the Special Clip. Is there any reason for that?

Minhyuk. Actually, [Piece of BTOB] project itself is a single project and it’s a normal thing if you only release the song. But since this is a rare chance to show my own color, I’ve become greedy in many ways. As a part of that, I made the video, album artwork, and also some ideas related to the launching promotion. I worked hard to participate in every external content to increase the level of completeness.


Q9. What is the hard thing about working on solo track?

Minhyuk. I realized that there are many people around me whom I should feel thankful for actively helping me in every way. The company staff who help and accept my opinion, and all people who help me, I want to thank all of them and will repay them. While working on this I have many worries and difficulties, but my brother gave me the idea and helped me with those. My family gave lots of help so I could depend on them.


Q10. ‘Purple Rain’ is nice to be listened when OOO !

Minhyuk. It’ll be best to listen to the song when it’s raining, right? I think it will be good to hear it when you want to be soaked in emotion


Q11. In this song, not just rap but we also can here Lee Minhyuk’s vocal.

Minhyuk. I wanted to show everything that I’m good at. Even though my position in the team is rap, but I also wanted to show my own vocal charm. If I have a chance, I also want to show a song that only has vocals in the future. Of course, rap too!


Q12. Any message that you want to give fans who are waiting for Lee Minhyuk’s solo track?

Minhyuk. To Melody who always trust and support me in happy and hard times, I will continue to thank you sincerely and repay it. Also, I will show you the growing side of me in every way ♥


To Muzmon♡ BTOB Minhyuk =)
Be careful of air-conditioningitis~

Lee Changsub - Jung Ilhoon – Peniel - Im Hyunsik - Lee Minhyuk

Now we’re left with 2 members only

BTOB solo project [Piece of BTOB] that will be responsible for melody’s playlist

Please look forward to the next part too!


On rainy day, when you feel like getting soaked in emotion

It's Lee Minhyuk’s 'Purple Rain'

Be in the past, present, or future, please give lots of love!

٩(′∀ ‵)۶•*¨*•.¸¸♪ 



--- translated by: btobalwaysmelody.blogspot.com ---

please take out with full credit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment